Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Nonsnow Day

We definitely didn't get as much snow as everyone expected, but it's blowing around and made the roads not great. Mr. E thought we should've gone home early. He even called the superintendent. No go. We toughed it out. Two families took their kids home early. Oddly enough, all the boys in my class went home. We were girls only this afternoon! Tomorrow is supposed to be windy as well, so my kids are again expecting a snow day. I'm not so optimistic, although I did remind them to bring a book home, just in case.

When does spring come again? I'm ready for warm weather.

My class is finally adjusting our spelling start/stop dates. They don't like how many things are due on Friday, so we're shifting the week around to make it easier. Now, we start spelling on Wednesdays, turn in workbook pages on Mondays, and take spelling tests Tuesdays. We'll see how it goes! I will probably forget the most, since I've been doing spelling the other way for soooo many years. 

Low for the day: finding out THREE 6-8th graders won't be at the Fine Arts Fair. They have a wedding that day. Bleh, that put me in a bad mood the whole morning. The FAF is in three weeks! The song we're playing is really hard! We need all the players we can get! Sigh. 

High of the day: I think I switched enough things around to make it work. I pulled a few kids off the optional parts, shuffled the big kids to the lower bells, and gave a few kids an extra bell. It actually didn't sound too bad today. Plus we were missing a student (one who will be there that day). We play bells on Sunday, a song that already sounds pretty good. Just one more practice for that performance. I need to remember to set things up on Wednesday so we're ready to go Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment