Thursday, February 17, 2022

Research

Class with the 7-8th graders went surprisingly well! Before class, I had partners written up on the board. Two groups said they were together last time, so I swapped two of them and they were content with that. Three students were out sick (just one tuned in via Teams), so the people without present group members tried to convince me to shuffle their groups so they could be together... and conveniently NOT be partners with the girls. I thought about it for two seconds until I realized one boy would be stuck with a girl and it wouldn't be fair to him. So I told them to tough it out. Besides, today was a research-focused day anyway. 

I also read through the spring musical checking for typos and solidifying the cast. There are so many sound effects that have to be played at just the right moment. I think we're going to turn that into a part for a student, that way we can practice without snitching Mr. D away from his class. He can still run the mics/projector, but the music will be one less thing on his plate. Mrs. L will look over the script one last time and then I'll print it and show it to my kids. Man, I can't believe March is in two weeks! Only 3.5 months of school left! Wowza.

No comments:

Post a Comment