Monday, February 14, 2022

Tournament Update

My classroom was in perfect order this morning when I got to school. You'd hardly know it had been a locker room two days prior. Well, except for the abandoned gatorade bottle just outside the door. My kids played hard and the boys won the consolation bracket and the girls got 2nd place! The team they played for championship is undefeated Lakefield. It was a hearty loss... my kids said our team only had four points or so. Yikes. 

Valentine's Day at school on a Monday is always an adventure. For our class party we had extra read aloud time and passed out treats. My 6th grade artist painted a blue dwarf star on a square canvas. Last week during our review, her classmates asked her to paint it since they look so pretty. She actually did! She had it propped up on a book easel in the front of the room. It looks just like the picture from class. Other treats: I shared peanut brittle with my kids. There was the usual candy. The same painting girl made all the girls in class (and me) earrings. Another gave mini heart boxes of chocolate. The PTL gave us teachers fancy cupcakes. More things for me to tuck away for just one week! 

Today I get to add back gluten, so I'm making homemade pasta and bread for supper (with other things too, of course). So far, I haven't had too much trouble adding food back into my diet. Peanuts were the worst. Everything else felt normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment