Friday, February 25, 2022

Missing: Joe

Wow. My class pet is such a little turkey. I just spent a half an hour, on and off, looking for him. He's been scratchy today, so we've let him roam. (Or prowl, if we want to use the Word of the Week). My kids forgot to put him away at the end of the day and thankfully I heard a bit of his scratching. He wasn't in the usual places. I thought about leaving him and putting a note on the door "Joe is loose" in case the janitor came in to clean, but I did one last sweep around the room. He was underneath a set of drawers under the lab table that only have access through the back side. I shouldn't be surprised; Joe hid there one other time.

Other things of note today: we registered for the Fine Arts Fair just before the deadline. That was a bit of a situation because neither Mrs. L nor I asked the 3-4th graders what they were officially doing. Last I remember, Mrs. L was going to talk to them since she does their music. She did briefly bring it up with the kids to get them thinking, but their teacher likes to plan that with them, so she was going to let Mr. D do it. Except neither of us told him to do it. The deadline snuck up on us, and we had to put something down. Thankfully, the piano kids are doing piano and we know who those kids are. And Mrs. L remembered most of the non-piano kids' preferences. She's going to talk to Mr. D Monday and we'll see if we need to switch anything around. At least their names are in the system. I would be surprised if the FAF coordinator makes a schedule over the weekend. 

My prayer partner is sneaky... he or she put a little tin of salted almonds in my mailbox in the office. The handwriting on the top is not familiar, so my partner must've enlisted help in trickery. Monday is the grand reveal! I wonder if anyone will be surprised...

No comments:

Post a Comment