Monday, March 13, 2023

Crackdown (and I am a C Day)

I was a woman with a new mission today... don't give my kids any unsupervised time AT ALL all day. I got to school early, did my errands before any kids were around, stayed in the classroom before school, went with them for their brain break in the gym, walked with them down to lunch, we all went out to recess at the same time. Any shoving resulted in running a lap. I did slip off to go to the bathroom twice. But we didn't have any blowups or dustups or any other kind of ups. Whew. I'm exhausted from being on guard all day; I hope I can maintain this level of attentiveness.

To end on a happier note, today was day one of Lutheran Schools Week. We started with "I am a C Day" where you dress up as anything starting with the letter C. We had lots of cats and chefs. I dressed as a Croatian cook and wore my soccer jersey and an apron. There were a few clowns, a coach, a champion, lots of christians, one cupcake and a captain. 

Our all school activity was to decorate bags for Meals on Wheels recipients. They had more fun than I thought they would! Some brought computers or bibles to the gym to look up encouraging passages. Some drew tractors or flowers or rainbows or just abstract patterns. We probably decorated over 60 bags! 

No comments:

Post a Comment