Friday, March 3, 2023

Movie and Pie

I escaped pie in the face! I'm extra thankful this year since I'm heading to the airport after school today... G's family is all down in Arizona and I'm off to join them for the weekend. I took Monday off school to make the flight more worthwhile and G will fly back with me. He went down a week earlier to spend time with his aunt and help her move to a different condo. 

My kids were crazy this morning because of all the fun stuff we had planned for the afternoon. Since we met our reading goal, we got to watch a movie in the afternoon. The 1-2nd graders did a basketball shootout vs. the teachers for five minutes. We had to stand at the freethrow line, but they could move up. They also had the choice of using a shorter basket. We were neck and neck for the first two minutes, then the 1-2nd graders pulled ahead. They beat us by six baskets! I made three and almost made a ton more. One basket swooped down into the rim and rolled out! Ugh! So close! Mr. E said if we had had one more minute we could've had them!

Halfway through the movie, we paused for an intermission to announce the winners of the pledge drive and our top readers. The top two readers read over 4000 minutes! Two of the top three chose to pie Mrs. R, who wore a special shirt decorated to say "Bring it On" in anticipation of getting pied. The top reader, a 7th grader, chose to pie Mr. E. She pied him last year too. He was not happy about it, but he did it anyway, and then went straight home to clean up. 

We finished the afternoon with popcorn and the last half of the movie, Now You See Him Now You Don't. I got all my correcting finished and even some grades entered! With the snow days last week, we missed sending out midterms. Oops. Better get them out next week. 

Now I have everything set and ready to go for Mrs. O on Monday, the classroom is fairly tidy, and things are reset for next week. Woohoo! And I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment