Friday, March 24, 2023

Mapping It Out

I had more prep time today than usual, which was pretty nice. It was Mrs. R's turn to host reading buddies, so I had a little time off in the morning. Then Mrs. E hosted game time in the kindergarten room and I got a half an hour to work! I spent it mapping out the rest of the year for science and social studies. 

There really isn't all that much time left of school... one week left of March (and no school Monday because it's the end of the quarter). April has four days off for Easter break plus a BINGO field trip at the nursing home and a field trip to see the MLC play. Then we're in May with our many activities... Talent Show, Track and Field Day, Caswell Softball Day, and the trip to the farm/Jeffers Petroglyphs combo. And hopefully a canoe trip thrown in there as well. 

Even with all those extra activities, I'm sitting very good with getting all the topics covered I want to get covered. We might even be ahead a little in MN history! I have a project in mind to do to use our possible 'extra' time: let each kid pick an era of history they want to learn more about, then do a project on it. Can be whatever project they want it to be; they just need to present their information in some way/shape/form. I hope we have a chance to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment