Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Tuesday Already?

No school yesterday because of the end of the quarter. I finished my report cards, ran errands in Mankato, and G and I spent time sorting through things in our Mankato house to prep for renovations. It was a good day off. 

My kids were back in full force today... lots of attitude, but no physical altercations thankfully.

I spent the day trying to track down their missing work. Ugh. 5th grade music. Our piano teacher teaches them and said some of them haven't handed in a single homework sheet all quarter. When I asked, all four had blank stares. "She never gave us anything!" Yes she did, I was in the room (I should've written a note to remind them to do it right away 🤦‍♀️). Two of them found their papers. The other two admitted to throwing them away last week. Ugh!!!

She reprinted them and I wouldn't let those two see their report cards until their homework was done. Now I gotta crack the whip on spelling... Their workbook page is normally due Monday, but with the day off, it was due today and they needed to do their test too. Most of them forgot to do it over the weekend and didn't have time to do both during their rounds. Sigh. And then the 5th graders forgot to do it during their math study hall time. Sigh again. 

Two highlights from today: noon recess outside. They fought me on going out until I pulled the "I'm the teacher and I decide where recess is and if you want to choose you become a teacher" card. One 8th grader asked why I wanted to go outside for recess when it was so cold, and I said, "Because it's sunny and I want fresh air." And he didn't argue! They ended up playing softball and having a blast. 

It's my day for latchkey after school, and the girl's are playing dance competition. They have music from my old purple iPad piped over the gym speakers and they're doing routines and taking turns judging each other. It's a pretty intricate game!

No comments:

Post a Comment