Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Fast Food

We're heading to Rochester the rest of this week for Jaron's annual NICU check ups. I wanted to bring some quick breakfasts along to make our mornings easier. 

Coincidentally, over the weekend a friend shared a couple of cookbooks with me. The theme- what to cook when you don't feel like cooking. They were also arranged in order of how long it takes to cook. Very handy. 

I made this recipe in short order: 


Very easy and clean up was a breeze since you only use one pan. 

The only downside was I left it in the cast iron too long and the egg bake took on an iron taste. I've had that happen with other dishes I've cooked in the cast iron, particularly with moist or acidic recipes. I've never asked G if he's noticed it. Jaron hasn't minded so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment