Thursday, January 7, 2016

Aliens...

My kids are still learning about outer space in science, and they were super pumped to learn about today's topic... ALIENS.


There is actually one kid who believes aliens are real.  I did my best to impart what I know about the subject, and what the Bible says too.  We mostly focused on explanations of UFOs: lenticular clouds and ball lightning.  Both are very neat things that happen in nature.  Somehow we got in a discussion about cloning and if government experiments could go wrong and create alien life forms.  I don't know if we ever answered that question, but we did talk about some interesting things!  They'll go home tonight and say, "Guess what we talked about today in school..."


My dad and two siblings stopped by after school.  Ethan was touring South Central in Mankato and Eileen came along for the ride.  It was fun to see them in the middle of the week!  A few of my students noticed them here and stood awkwardly staring at the threshold of my classroom... I'm curious to hear what they have to say about this tomorrow.


Now that Epiphany and Christmas are over, the decorations came down.  My classroom seems much less festive of course, but it also feels emptier now that there's not a Christmas tree hanging out in the front of the room.  We still have some nativity pieces to put away.  They are occupying the lab table, which I need for an experiment tomorrow, so that will be a before-school-starts task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment