Friday, January 8, 2016

Finally Friday

This morning I had an "argh!" moment.  We were having mini-pancakes for lunch today, something I'm not incredibly fond of, so I actually packed a sack lunch last night... and forgot it in the fridge this morning.  I remembered it when we did lunch count for the day.  Shoot! 


Our day has been a normal Friday.  Reading buddies, spelling tests, Circular Stories.  Instead of doing art, my kids did a STEM project called "Goldilocks's Chair" where they have to build a chair that holds baby bear (a can of soup) for 60 seconds.  The trick is they can only use 2ft of string, a piece of printer paper, a coffee filter, and three straws.  I let them use a scissors and a glue stick for practical purposes.  The 7th graders did this project too, and they had more trouble coming up with ideas than my class did!  No one finished today, so we'll have to work on it next week sometime. 


We were supposed to have a staff meeting after school today, but Miss H couldn't stay, it's Friday, and it's snowing plus the wind is supposed to pick up.  So Mr. E is going to put an agenda in our mailboxes and we'll figure something out later.  The most pressing matter is to pick a student of the month, which we can do some morning before school starts. 


So I'm going to pack up and get out of here!  I'm heading to Fulda this weekend and I think I'm going to chance the roads.  I need to swing through New Ulm first (library) so if the roads are completely terrible, I'll turn around and go home.  Otherwise the roads from New Ulm down to Madelia should be a little better than the back county roads I usually take.  So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment