Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Red and Green

There's always been a red vs. green battle in my classroom... so I had Dad pick me up a Case IH calendar to hang in my classroom.  The John Deere boys noticed right away.  After their attempt at convincing me to take it down failed, one boy brought a John Deere blanket to school.  So the battle has been brought to the front burner.  Mostly I just smile at their comments, but the boys on the red side just can't let a negative Case comment slide.  They always have to retaliate.  So we've had many tractor discussions over the past few days.


We walked over to church for chapel today.  My kids were super excited since we haven't been able to do such a thing for a while... pretty much the whole school year.  Pastor wanted it at church since it's Epiphany today.  It was nice having it at church, although it took more time to walk back and forth, so we didn't have as much time in the morning for Daily 5 and Writer's Workshop.  We finished our latest read-aloud book (Prisoner B-3087, a book about the holocaust), which also factored into our lack of time.  Tomorrow we're going to listen to Jack Gruener talk about his experiences in the concentration camps (he's the guy the book is based on) via youtube video.  I still need to pick a read-aloud book.  We were going to do Space Case by Stuart Gibbs, but I didn't get my act together and place a hold at the library.  I have a different book, but it's a little more girly and the boys don't seem thrilled with it.  Maybe I'll read Holes. I don't think we've read that this year.  Or maybe I'll read some shorter books until I can order in the Stuart Gibbs book.  We'll see.


I'm a bit irritated with myself.  Over break, I used up the Barnes and Nobles and Amazon gift cards on books for my classroom... I neglected to notice the address Amazon is shipping my books to is Fulda and not school or my apartment.  I guess I'll just have to go home again to collect them!

No comments:

Post a Comment