Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thank-yous

My mom was the kind of mother who made us write thank-you notes whenever we received a present.  Birthday.  Christmas.  Confirmation.  Graduation.  You name it.  And it had to be good.  Not just a "Thanks for the present. I like it a lot."  Generic stuff didn't fly. 


Most people probably don't expect a teacher to write a thank-you note... but since it's been ingrained in me from childhood, I figured I probably better should.  Did the kids pick out the present they gave?  Probably not.  Will they think it's weird? Possibly.  Will the kids appreciate it anyway?  In some cases.  Will I still write the notes anyway?  Yes. 


So last night I finished writing up the last of my long list of thank-yous.  I put them in mailboxes this morning and what do you know, I had three or four actually comment on them!  A lot were like, "What is this?"  But a few thanked me for the thank-you note.  One girl was so excited I had written her something.  After school I had a parent call on a different subject and she said her son had shown her the note, and then she thanked me for the thank-you.  So I guess it was worth it.  ...another instance of Mom always being right.  Thanks Mom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment