Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Not Much

Not much to report today.  Pretty standard. 


The 7th graders got a lecture about being nice to each other... I had to break up a massive argument over noon recess because 50% of the 7th grade class were trying to stake claims on certain desks in my room for their class at 12:30.  Two girls ended up in tears.  So I kicked everybody out and when it was actually time for class, we drew sticks for first pick.  Maybe I should make a seating chart.


The end of the second quarter is Friday, so I've been pushing everyone to turn their late work in.  One 7th grader was missing six assignments for me as of this morning (and has been for a week or two... the numbers keep rising).  But he buckled down and handed everything in today!  Pretty sure his motivation was not wanting to stay after school on Thursday... Mr. E is having late-work people stay after on Friday, but I'm headed down to Fulda and don't want to be stuck at school for an unforeseeable amount of time.


This weekend is going to be a little helter-skelter.  Fulda-bound on Friday, then Saturday is my great-aunt's funeral.  No school on Monday as a teacher work day, but I don't get to stay in Fulda the whole weekend; Sunday I direct hand bells and have to be back in Courtland.  Which leaves me in Courtland for the rest of Sunday and all of Monday.  Hmm... drive down to Fulda again? work all day at school? hang out in my apartment? find other people to bum around with?  Time will tell I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment