Monday, January 9, 2017

Correspondence

Lots of correspondence was accomplished today.  Over the weekend, my to-do list expanded exponentially, so I had lots of little things to do when I got to school.  I heard back from my next three guest speakers for geography and replied to them, setting up a time for them to come.  I sent out a bunch of reminders via Remind.com about upcoming school things, i.e. tests, singing on Sunday, science fair info coming soon.  I also emailed the Young Writers and Artists Conference coordinator to find out about discount pricing for our school.  Along those lines, I applied for a Thrivent Grant so PTL doesn't have such an expensive bill.  It costs $17 (our discount price) to register each student; chaperones are free.  Registration opens Monday or Tuesday, and we want to be prepared to register the first day so our kiddos get in the cool classes.  In past years we've registered too late and have had to choose from the leftovers.  We have a PTL meeting this Wednesday, so if it gets approved that they'll help cover the cost, we'll be all set to register early!

My kids put the Christmas decorations away.  The box the tree had been in got water damaged over the summer; it needed serious duct tape.  It still won't close all the way.  I might need a giant garbage bag or something...

Pastor did religion for us this morning.  Last week my class had had a bunch of questions about Islam, so I invited Pastor to tell us more about it.  He went a bit more basic than I had anticipated, and most of them forgot which questions they were going to ask.  But they did think of other ones, mostly about heaven.  So we had good discussion on both topics.

Bell practice with the choir went much better today.  Miss S had found an audio version of the song for us to play along with (there's an organ part that is played with the bells, and so far we haven't heard it) that had the organ part.  It was so fast!!! We could barely keep up! Thankfully, Miss S said the song will be played much slower. Whew!

Ugh! The sound quit working on my computer today, right in the middle of MN history.  So when I went to play a short video clip, no sound came out.  I spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out, plugging and replugging, but nothing worked. I even called the IT guys! (They answered!) But he couldn't figure out what was wrong.  His solution was to restart the computer.  That did cause the sound to work again, but by that point, the 5th and 6th graders had to go to PE.  Grrr... now this lesson has to stretch into another day...sigh.

I suppose it's past time for me to go home... This will probably be a bad week for my goal of leaving by 5:30.  Definitely didn't make it tonight!  Tomorrow I will though; I'm meeting a friend in Mankato for supper and a movie.  She said the sooner I get to Mankato the better, so I'll need to book it out of school.  Wednesday night is the PTL meeting, which doesn't even start until 6:00.  Thursday I don't have anything on the agenda, so who knows? Maybe I'll have a 50% success rate?

No comments:

Post a Comment