Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Snowy and Blustery

I did not anticipate this icky weather.  The skies were cloudy on my way to school, and snow was gently falling by the time I settled in my classroom.  Shortly after the kids arrived, the snow fell heavier.  It wasn't too long after that, one of the 5th graders told me he was positive school was going to be cancelled.  Uh, no. It's not.  But he was positive we were in for a mega storm.  Grrr, so I had to deal with that all morning.  Especially once the wind picked up.  We ended up closing the shades because the bad weather was so distracting.

"Miss H! I can't even see the church out the window!!!" Yes, that's because I closed the shades.  That got a few laughs (and a few eye rolls too).  It stayed windy the rest of the day.  But suddenly at 4:00 the wind quit completely.  Now everything is calm.

Our science lab today was fun. The 5th and 6th graders used iodine to test for the presence of starch in foods.  The school cook gave me extra fruits and vegetables to test, so we had quite a selection!  And we finished the lab in time for our full recess!  As you can imagine, my students were quite excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment