Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Slower than Molasses

My computer was being slow today.  Of course it worked normally at the non-critical parts of the day.  Right after lunch, I needed to pull up the powerpoint for 7/8th geography, but my computer wouldn't do it! It took at least 5-10 minutes to get it up and running.  And it took forever for the links to load.  It was very frustrating.  Thankfully, I had them bring extra homework to work on just in case, so they all had something to do.

All the kiddos were crazy today; you can tell there's a storm coming.  My class was violent towards each other.  One kid couldn't keep his hands or comments to himself. He was throwing the girls basketballs all over the gym, almost hitting them in the head a few times.  He said enough comments to a female classmate that she slammed his desk shut on his arm, resulting in him bursting into tears.  (I was in the gym at this point watching recess; they were in the classroom).  He got mad and flicked a pin at her (she said it whizzed by her ear).  So they got to have a chat with Mr. E.  Sigh. As I said, you can definitely tell a storm is coming.  The kids are hoping we get school called off or at least two hours late.  I'm not so optimistic.  It looks like we're right on the edge of everything... 2-6 inches is what the forecast estimated, although that might've changed by now.

My friend K works at MVL but lives in Mankato.  She was nervous about driving all that way to work tomorrow in the snow, so she's going to stay at my place tonight.  I have a separate guest room and a spare key, so it's really no trouble at all.  She's probably already there since her workday ends sooner than I can get out of school.

My report cards are almost finished.  I had a huge pile of correcting to do this weekend, but with the help of my mom, dad, and sister everything got corrected!  A few of my students noticed the handwriting was a little different on some of the papers.  When I told them who'd corrected the papers, one of them said, "Wow, you and your sister have the same handwriting!"

Well, I supposed I'd best finish up at school and head for home.  My cold is still lingering unfortunately, and it's one that saps energy.  I just can't shake it!  So in some ways, a snow day might be nice... but I have a lot I want to accomplish this week in my classroom, so a day off won't help those matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment