Thursday, January 26, 2017

Missing Pen

One of the 8th graders lost a pen in my class. He couldn't find it when it was time for him to go back to class; he was almost frantic about it.  He did go to class, but he was back a few minutes later hunting for it.  After a few minutes of fruitless searching he said dramatically, "I can't leave without it. If I have to pay to call in the dogs, I will." A 6th grade boy raised his hand and announced, "I am here!" Then he got on all fours and started sniffing the floor.  Every once in a while he'd hold something up and say in a weird voice (trying to sound like a goofy dog?), "I found this." Some of his classmates started copying him. They crawled all over the classroom, "Joe, did you take it?" "Oh, I think I smell it!" holds up a crayon "nope, not quite!"  The 8th grader did go back to class, and although the 6th grade dogs searched, their noses could not find that pen.

After school we learned how to use the new copier.  Every three years or so the company switches it out for a new one, so I guess this is year three!  This one is basically the same as our old one, but faster and newer.  The copier guy showed us some handy time-saving features on this one!  He also shared with us that it costs about one cent to make a black/white copy and eight cents to make a color copy.  Good to know!  We pay for the service by the copy I think, and maybe we have to pay a yearly fee or something, I'm not sure.

We also planned our National Lutheran Schools Week celebration after school today.  It only took about a half an hour since we're repeating some of the same activities as last year (Winter Olympics, Young Writers and Artists Conference).  We thought of some cool dress-up days though! The days are as follows: Time Travel Day (can go future or past), Sports Team Day (we wanted something not too crazy since half the school will be at the YWAC that day), Sunday Best (dressing up for chapel/visitors in the morning), Vs. Day (each class picks a side... cats vs. dogs, heroes vs. villains, Marvel vs. DC), Global Pride Day (dress in colors that match their Winter Olympic Team country, just in time for the afternoon Olympic games!).

The only major thing left to do is find entertainment for our Wednesday visitor's day.  We start with chapel, serve families lunch, then have some form of entertainment.  In the past the Science Museum has done a session, the Zoo has visited, the BLC Drumline performed, a clown did a show, an illusionist did a magic show... Our foremost option as of now is a chalk drawing guy.  I remember someone came to chapel and did a chalk drawing when I was in grade school and I always thought it was really cool.  He's gone to other school around here too, but I can't remember his name.  A quick Google search brought up a name, Randy Davis, so I'll try him I guess.

It's hard to believe tomorrow is Friday already! We had a snow day yesterday, so we've only been in school two days this week!  It was nice to have the day off to try to recuperate... my cold is still hanging on, although today it's been a bit better.  I guess lying around reading books all day helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment