Thursday, January 19, 2017

The End is Near

The end of the quarter is tomorrow. And there are a ton of assignments due.  My kids haven't been freaking out as much as I hoped they would... Well, I don't actually want them to freak out, but I do want them to get their butts in gear to get their homework done.  So much of the time it seems like they are all, "la di da, I have all the time in the world to get this finished... [Friday comes] HOLY COW I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO I'M NEVER GOING TO GET IT ALL DONE!"  I was hoping to avoid that this time.  We had another work day this afternoon, so a large quantity of assignments were handed in. Blah, lots of correcting tonight.  But there are still a bunch not handed in yet.

I had an oopsie moment in bells today... Our bells only go up to C7. On the music I usually mark the letter names of the bells each student is playing.  But I wrote the wrong note names after G6; I skipped straight from G6 to C7 instead of doing G6, A6, B6, C7.  I thought we were in trouble because I had assigned those notes to students, and they already highlighted their parts, but we didn't have those bells for them to play.  It turns out we do! I just wrote the wrong note names on the parts.  Of course I didn't realize that until after school when I had Miss S take a look at the music.  During practice I had those students use tone chimes instead of bells.  Thankfully, we won't have to do that any more!  ...I wonder how many other songs I've done that on...

Well, I'm going to keep this short today.  My sore throat has moved on to bigger and better things in my nose and throat, so it's still kicking my butt and I need to rest.  So if this post doesn't make sense at times, that's why!  I've been very scatterbrained lately.  I've also been blowing my nose nonstop all day; my students teased me that it's going to fall off pretty soon.  I'd sure like to cut it off right about now!  From what I hear, the cold/cough that's going around lasts about 3-4 weeks, two if you're lucky, four if you're not lucky.  I have a bad feeling I'm going to be in the unlucky group...

No comments:

Post a Comment