Monday, January 16, 2017

Struggling

Whew, this day is kicking my butt.  Last week, Friday, I had a sore throat but it went away Friday night.  By Saturday night it was back again.  Then it went mostly away Sunday but was back in full force this morning.  If I weren't a teacher, I probably would've stayed home from work today.  But it's easier to power through than it is to be gone, so here I am.

It's been kind of a crazy day.  This morning I saw that registration was open for the Young Writers and Artists Conference, so I quickly updated last year's permission form so students could register right away and get in to all the cool classes.  Most other years we register at the last minute and all the exciting classes are filled.  This year, everyone got every class they wanted to be in!  The most popular classes are the canvas painting class, pottery class, and 3D drawing class.

Before school started, one of the 6th grade girls handed me a permission slip I never remembered handing out.  I recognized it; it was on the colored paper I typically use for permission forms.  It was for a guest speaker on the Fur Trade at MLHS.  When I looked closer, I saw that it was a form from last year! She had dug it out of her backpack, and her mom signed it thinking it needed to be handed in ASAP (the field trip last year was on January 26th).  Apparently, last year she had misplaced this form and her mom printed a new one from the website.  Well, the lost has been found!

Another funny story about misplacing things... First of all, the bell performance yesterday was wonderful.  I didn't hear a single mistake!  After church, some boys were helping me put things away and one of them asked where I parked so they could put the cases right in there.  When I told him, he said, "Oh good, that's easy to find.  Last time we put them in someone else's car at first."  Another boy chimed in, "Yeah, it looked like your car, but we couldn't get the trunk open. And then when we did get it open and put the bells in, we realized it wasn't yours! So we had to quick change it over."  Another boy chimed in, "Oh I always know which one's yours; it's the one that's dirty!" True, very true.  Well, this time, they ended up in the right car.

No comments:

Post a Comment