Thursday, November 4, 2021

Alfalfa

My hair is finally long enough to wrap around and clip in a bun. Except sometimes little bits don't stay in and poke out all spikey-like. Sometimes it looks fine when I first clip it up, but my hair is so slippery, it slides out and rebels.

The end of my hair slipped out of the clip while we did our highs and lows, and one kind 6th grader said, "Uh, Miss H, your hair?" So I fixed it. It felt secure, so I thought nothing of it as we finished our end of the day routine. Time to go out to the bus. Hmm, how cold do I want to be? As I put my jacket on, I thought out loud, "Should I wear my hat to go out to the bus?"

One of the 5th graders said, "No." Then she added, "Because we want everyone to appreciate your spikey hair. And if you wear a hat they can't." My hands flew up on top of my head and sure enough, one little spike sticking straight up like Alfalfa from Little Rascals. I tried to tug it to the side and then gave up and decided to embrace the spikey craziness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment