Thursday, November 11, 2021

Back

Our classroom plants were happy to see us. A few of my kiddos garden sections were getting a little crispy with the long break between waterings. Other sections (typically overwatered) were happy for a break and actually took off! A student has been growing an avocado and it grew five inches over the weekend!

My class was glad to be back in person. We're one of three classes in the building; the others are quarantining until Monday. Mr. E's class is virtual, so we didn't have math today. I used the extra time to do both science and social studies. Plus the 1-2nd graders and my class recorded our songs for Sunday. We're not going to sing/ring in person, but we can have a video of them singing. It actually sounded pretty good. No bell video though. I'll film them playing when they're all back in person learning. 

Health-wise, I'm doing pretty good. I got a little tired from talking so much in the morning, but after read-aloud I had some breaks where the kids did more talking or I could rest at my computer for a bit. So I made it through the day. I've been breathing fine, but I can tell there's still some junk in my chest. Good thing tomorrow is Friday. My plan for today is to wrap up things at school, run a few errands, then hunker down at home with a mug of tea and an early bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment