Friday, November 5, 2021

Positive

I had virtual class with my kiddos today because yesterday I tested positive for covid. Sigh. What poor timing! It's both the end of the quarter and my goddaughter's baptism Sunday. But my class has rallied and so far has been good about virtual school. 

All but one figured out how to log into Teams without much trouble. The one took 45 minutes this morning before we gave up and I called her on speaker phone for our "how to do virtual learning" meeting. Today was a low profile day of catching up on memory, spelling tests, and doing a bit of NaNo/read to self, so the meeting itself wasn't long. But my kids are chatty, so they spent about twenty minutes asking me how I was feeling and if I'd get to go to the baptism. When I said no, some of them sent me bawling emojis. It's nice to know they care. My sister is going to try to video chat the baptism, so those of us who are sick can at least witness it from afar. 

My kids also wanted to eat lunch together, so we had another call at noon. Actually, they called at 10:40, then 11:00, then 11:30, just to practice. Lunch was kind of fun. A handful made mac and cheese. One had a salad. A lot had Halloween candy for dessert. They would periodically hold up a piece of candy to their camera to show the class. Pretty entertaining. 

I had to duck out at 12:15 to do a Kahoot study session with the 7-8th graders. That actually went better than I expected. Mr. E tuned me in on Teams and was the noise bouncer; the kids logged in to the Kahoot website to submit their answers for the quiz questions. We had a great study session! And right afterwards my 5-6th graders called me to see how it went. Haha, those guys are certainly chatty! 

I'm ready to rest now. I have a bunch of books, plenty of tea in my cupboards, and a few movies I could watch. And my NaNo to write. We'll see how much energy I have. So far my symptoms are fairly mild, mostly cold symptoms. My upper back is achy and my sinuses are clogged. I might be losing my sense of taste and smell, hard to tell. Things taste muted, but I can still taste them. I figure I should focus on eating things with texture. Prayers for a quick recovery are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment