Thursday, November 18, 2021

Parent Teacher Conferences

Well, the week is over and I am between parents right now. Only five more left before I'm off to Iowa! 

As productive as yesterday was, today was not. I had a bunch of things I was hoping to do during the school day, and none of them were accomplished. Oh well. Things got done after school and my stuff is packed up so after my last conference I can grab my stuff and dash out the door. 

In prep for conferences, I had kids tidy the coat room. Pumpkins from the book reports lingered, and one rotted on someone's sweatshirt (the other ones were fine still). It left guts and mold on the shirt. Disgusting. After dumping off most of the junk, I set it outside since some stuff was stuck on it. Both mom and daughter said to just toss it. 

After school I tidied our plants to make our classroom more presentable. We've been having a fly problem. It's the potato plant; the person who's growing it overwaters it and it rotted and it's growing fruit flies (same person as the pumpkin sweatshirt). I stuck it outside to see if the cold will kill the flies and not the potato. I'm a bit skeptical, but we'll give it a shot. Maybe it will dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment