Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday

A bit snowy and blowy this morning, but by lunchtime it was all melted. Still blustery out now. Another quiet day at school without too many bodies in the building. Monday should be back in full force though.

I had virtual class with the 7-8th graders while my kids did a few Daily 5 rounds. It worked super well. My kids were quiet and mostly focused... although I know they were eavesdropping, so maybe they weren't as focused as I thought. 

The 7-8th graders picked Christmas program parts and then we did a little bit of science. We started a new unit today about the layers of the earth. They will do a project where they make a 3D model of the earth, so I introduced that today. They wanted partners, but the trouble is there are some unpopular kids that no one wants to partner with. So how do you split up the class? We spent waaaay too long talking about how to match people up. I might just tell them they have to do it individually. I said I'd sleep on it over the weekend. We'll see if Mr. E has an opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment