Friday, September 23, 2022

Boisterous

Holy cow my kiddos were loud today! And very touchy. The boys especially kept grabbing each other, roughhousing and such. 

It was raining outside, so we were in the gym for afternoon recess. We share a recess time with the Pre-K and kindergartners and when we're outside, it's no big deal. But crammed in the gym when my kiddos are crashing into each other... It makes Mrs. E very nervous. We split the gym in half to combat potential physical altercations. It worked, but all my kids' lows for the day were having recess with "the little kids". They unanimously agreed they'd rather have free time in our classroom than go in the gym with them. 

I offered the option of joining with the 1-4th graders. "Nope! They're even worse! I'd rather be with the preschoolers." Another student said, "Well, the 3-4th graders aren't so bad." Too bad they're a package deal for recess. 

We teachers discussed after school and are taking a poll of recess/PE times, but I have a feeling my kids' indoor recess solution is probably going to be our best option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment