Thursday, September 15, 2022

Country Living

The smell is worse. We did a lot of breath-holding walking to and from my classroom... The trustees came last night and emptied the live traps, but there were only a few mice. The smell was strongest in the hallway into my classroom and the coatroom. That made me think it died further under the building. One of my early arrival students volunteered to search for an animal hole. He found one on the playground side of the building, but it was filled in with leaves. Hmm... it was a bit windy yesterday. Maybe the leaves blew in? Either way, the smell is there. 

This kid, a farm boy through and through, also volunteered to unscrew the tin from the side of the building. "I think if I took the tin off, I'd be able to squeeze under there and see what's there!" Uh, thanks but no thanks. So the trustees are coming after work to poke around again. I'm not sure what they'll be able to do. 

I let my kids bring their backpacks into the classroom so they wouldn't absorb the smell. We kept our door closed and held our breath entering and exiting. The smell got better as the day went on, at least to me, but my kids said it was still horrible. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment