Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Finished

The 5-6th graders and I finished our first read aloud book of the year. It's a book that usually makes me cry even though I've read it three or four times. This time my eyes welled up and a few tears trickled out, but not too many. This class hasn't been as in-to the book as past years, so that definitely had an effect. It's funny, the kid who likes read-aloud least was so excited about the next book we're reading, he asked if we could start it this afternoon during STEM time. So we did. It's a really good book, Restart by Gordon Korman. One of my favorites.

My 7-8th graders are getting close to finishing their read-aloud book too. I'm not sure what I should read next with them. Normally we have trouble getting through one book in a year, but this class loved read-aloud so much when they were with me, I've made a commitment to giving them read-aloud every day, even if it's just fifteen minutes. 

After school I had a final walkthrough of my house with Mike, the construction manager, Luke, his intern, and Sondra, head honcho. We had a checklist of things to look at in each room. I made a list of things I need to do/buy for my house and Mike made a list of things he needs to wrap up. We're still waiting on paperwork from the USDA. There's been another snag. Apparently I'm too good at saving money, so they're changing things again. Sondra was hopeful we can keep my September 30th closing date (if all goes well). Just keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment