Monday, September 19, 2022

Spanish at the Water Cooler

Remember that kid who always filled up my water bottles for me at the drinking fountain last year? We ran into each other at the fountain this morning. He was on his way to the bathroom, but he said he'd watch them for me once he was done. 

When I came back from running my other errands, for whatever reason, I thanked him in Spanish. His reply as he walked back to his classroom: "Gracias, mi amor." I doubt he knows what that actually means. 😂 

My last Habitat meeting is tonight! It's hard to believe. It still doesn't feel real that in two weeks I'll be a new homeowner and moved into my new house! The paperwork is going slow, but it's going. So as far as I know, we're still on track. Two people told me they saw cars outside my house one night. My guess is those were the habitat families cleaning my house to earn sweat equity hours. Again, I'm so thankful there are others volunteering to do that task for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment