Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Tattoos

I supervised after school care today. There were seven preK-2nd grade girls with me this afternoon. They built forts in my classroom and played in the mud kitchen outside. A few of them went over to the sandbox and sat on the huge sand pile together. 

"Hey, do you want to know how to make a tattoo?" one of them asked. "All you do is spit like this..." she dribbled some spit on her leg. "And then you just go like this." Then she pours sand on top of it. "See? Tattoo!" The other girls immediately copied her. 

It's crazy how quickly they can sneak! Two girls had been running around without their shoes on for the longest time before I even noticed. Another girl snuck water out of the school faucet to play in the mud kitchen because there wasn't enough for her cup of tea. Thankfully most of them ask before dashing off to the bathroom so I can at least keep track of them there. 

School today went well again. Man, my kids love to write! I introduced them to Duolingo today and so far they've decided to learn Spanish, German, Hawaiian, and Japanese. I hope they keep it up!

No tech issues today either. The biggest problem (for me) was my tiredness! My flight back on Sunday got delayed four hours total, so I didn't make it back to Minnesota until 2am. My college travel buddy graciously picked me up, and then we stayed up talking for another two hours... Oops! 

So, early bedtime for Miss H tonight! 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment