Monday, October 24, 2022

Busy

Boy it was hard for me to come back to school this morning after being off for three days last week. It was a great break. I tent camped with my travel buddy; the weather even cooperated! I got a few things done at home, mostly making dried apples/applesauce/fruit leather. And participated in the Heintz sisters' favorite day of the year: Dollar Bag Day.

My shoe twin donated another pair of shoes in my size and my style, a black pair of flats. I wore them to school today and multiple students thought I had forgotten to put on shoes and was in my sock feet. Apparently they blend in with my socks. I found a bunch of things for friends with kids, a few things for school, and a bunch of new clothes. I really need to go through my closet now... too bad most of it is still packed away. 

I haven't heard anything new about my closing date which means it's not happening this Wednesday. Habitat said they're working on a plan to get me into my house very soon, but it has to be approved by their board, which meets tonight. I'm still skeptical the plan will be approved/actually work. So we'll see. No news yet. 

This week will be crammed with Christmas program prep, bible study and an internet safety night hosted by school, and finally the annual Pork Chop Dinner and Silent Auction this Sunday. Whew. I better make sure I get to bed on time...

No comments:

Post a Comment