Monday, October 3, 2022

Camp Omega

Day one has been a success! I think most of the kiddos have settled down and are hopefully falling asleep... 

We had a blast exploring camp, building fires and pop bottle rockets, shooting them off, hatchet throwing, and of course playing Gaga ball. 

My favorite part of the day was the night hike out to the peninsula (suggested by Bob to burn energy off). The campfire was also great. We all built it together. Bob met us there and we sang a ton of camp songs, I did devotions, and we all said our highs and lows. Not many lows today! 

Oh yeah, my low was forgetting to bring our read aloud book. ☹️ I planned to read before bed, so I had to find a replacement on the fly. I have the audiobook version, but they didn't like the voices, so I picked a book from the library's Libby app. Unfortunately, I forgot that the book I picked gets kind of violent. Maaaybe not the best bedtime story! 😅 Thankfully I caught it in time and I stopped before I gave anyone nightmares. 

Only one girl got homesick. We called her mom a bit ago and it seemed to help. Praying we make it through the night without any incidents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment