Tuesday, October 11, 2022

OMG LOL, Eh?

Latchkey kiddos are all girls today. They are all either playing school or playing with dolls. Two kinds of dolls are their toys of choice: OMG dolls and LOL dolls. I can't tell which is which, but one of them is the size of a barbie doll but with a much bigger head. The other is super tiny, like maybe an inch and a half tall. They all have cute clothes and shoes and accessories. Fun stuff. I think they might be content to play in the classroom the whole time! And here I was scratching my head, trying to come up with something for myself to do while they played outside. Most of my work today is computer work. 

I'm getting a student teacher in November, just for the afternoon science/social studies classes. Her schedule is pretty rigid, and the only day she can come check things out here before her clinical is this Thursday. Normally I have the class schedule mapped out so we can pick out lessons for the teacher to teach and I have a class roster/textbooks set out. I can do all that, but I'm not sure where we'll be with lessons. Hmm. I suppose that can wait. Maybe I'll map things out and tell her it's subject to change. We'll see what she's like when we meet on Thursday.

The best part of the day was our guest speaker from Canada. She's a student at MLC and was an EXCELLENT teacher. Her talk was very engaging with lots of interaction; she has a great personality. I had planned to have bells after she spoke for an hour, but we ended up going the whole hour. The 6th graders came down at normal bell time, so they got to catch the last half an hour. Poor 5th graders, they were bummed they missed out. Oh well. Maybe another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment