Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Defeated

My house closing is probably pushed off again. It's not 100% official, but the county found something wrong with the title work and it's been slow going to fix it. Habitat told me it would be good to plan on it being postponed and they'd let me know when they get the official word. Sigh.

Another low from today is that I left my computer glasses at home. I thought about driving back to get them but decided to tough it out for a day. I've had a mild headache almost all day, probably from the computer work. Something about this screen...

On the plus side, today is the last day of school for the week! Thank goodness. My kids were crazy again today. One went home sick with a bad cold/no energy. I had energy until I read the email from Habitat. But, I have all my lessons prepped for next week and not too many papers to correct, so at least I'll be able to take the weekend off from teacher stuff. 

This morning my kids (with a little help from me) made black eyed peas, a recipe from one of our read-aloud books (a version of the princess and the pea story). Each student brought an ingredient or two. Everyone arrived at school early, so we got them started around 8:10am. They were pretty good, although we didn't cook the peas long enough. I'd make the recipe again.

Bell practice also went very well. Our songs are sounding really good, both songs for October and the ones for November! I wanted to start our Christmas songs, but ran out of time. Mrs. E and I met yesterday to rough plan the Christmas program. It won't be our best, but it will be decent, in my opinion. The school board voted to have the Christmas Eve program at 2pm instead of 4pm since Christmas Eve is on a Saturday. Sounds like a good idea! Another change this year is Mrs. E and I decided to make it optional for everyone to be at both services, even bell people. If we're missing someone, we'll have to record the bells and play the video on the screen. Not great, but such is life. Maybe that will convince the congregation we should only have one service. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment