Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Camp Day Two

Last night was probably the best night of sleep I've gotten at Camp Omega. My kids slept until 7:15! I had to wake them up! Apparently I slept through a bit of whispering and a sleepwalking boy, but I didn't hear anyone tossing and turning at night except me (and the sound carries like crazy in the cabin). 

G was a chaperone for me. He had a meeting Monday night and left after shooting off the rockets. He hadn't planned to come back, but I guess he could tell I really wanted him to, so he came back for breakfast and stayed for canoeing. He dropped off a little surprise for me in my car... A bouquet of flowers! 

Canoeing and archery were the main events of the day. No one got super wet or super crabby canoeing. Success! We saw a bald eagle on our paddle. My canoe had a small leak, so there was a bunch of water in the bottom at the end, but not enough to make my shoes soggy. Archery also went well. They kids wanted to Robin Hood an arrow (where a second arrow splits the first). Crazy rare, but my kids were sure they'd be able to do it. Nope. Not even close. They weren't super accurate either.   Just one made a bullseye. But they had fun. 

The coolest thing of the day was the 5th grader getting to climb the rock climbing wall pole to get to his rocket at the top. His rocket launch broke a Camp Omega record! They've had rockets hit the wall before, but none have ever stayed stuck on top! This student was too young to climb the wall, but since his dad chaperoned and gave permission, Bob (camp director) allowed it. 

We ended our time at camp with another delicious meal, a bit of read to self time outside, and one last round of gaga ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment