Friday, October 7, 2022

Long Day

Holy cow this week was long and today was even longer. Hardly any of my kids had their memory work ready. They were crabby. I was crabby (but I hid my mood better). This week I had two parent incidents to deal with. Not major, but stressful. Today, I had a student swearing incident at lunch. Lunch recess featured a fifth grader crying because he couldn't get his memory work AND he forgot his math book at home. At afternoon cleanup after recess, I had a kid-throwing-something-at-a-classmate-to-be-silly incident. On top of that, tons of people emailed me, needing me to do something, multiplying my to-do list with things that don't take long, except you have to have time to do them.

So. Kind of a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day kind of day. But, as Alexander's mom tells him in the book, "Some days are like that." 

I do have most of the piddly things finished. Some things I'll try to get done this weekend. Some things I'm pushing off until Monday. I'd say it's time for me to pack up and go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment