Thursday, November 17, 2022

Is That You?

After school I popped into the restroom and a few seconds later a little preschool voice called out, "Hello?" So I returned the greeting.

She went into the stall next to me and then said, "Is that you Miss H?"
I said, "Yes, it is. How did you know?"
She said, "Cuz I recognized your voice!"
I said, "Well that's pretty good!"
Then she said, "How do you know who I am?"
I said, "Because I recognized your voice too!"
"We must really know each other, to know our voices!"

Tonight is Parent Teacher Conferences. I'm about halfway finished with mine and they've all gone very well. I don't anticipate any of them going poorly; nothing too big to bring up with any parents besides "can't keep hands to himself" or "rushes through work and slops answers down". One of the boys in my class got caught playing a game on the computer when he was supposed to be writing. Ha. Bad day to be caught doing that. 

The other big one was actually with a parent who doesn't even have a kid in my class (just a 7th grader). One of her other kids, a 4th grader, bit some of my students during PE (allegedly). They came back abuzz that this kid had bit multiple people, mocked them, and was being generally rude. So I brought up the incident when the parent met with me about the 7th grader. She said she'd check into it. 

No school tomorrow. My whole day is booked though... many wedding-related errands to be done! After tomorrow I think we'll have pretty much everything planned and ready to go! That's hard to believe. It's also hard to believe next week we only have two days of school and then Thanksgiving break. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment