Monday, November 21, 2022

PT

It's time to pick Christmas gift exchange partners in 5-6th grade. Like usual, I had them write down the initials of a gift they'd like to receive. Some are not surprising: NG= nerf gun, MD= Mountain Dew. One boy wrote TH for top hat. I only know because he wrote "top hat" above the letters. I blacked those out so it's still a challenge for whoever got him. 

A different kid asked me if I was going to participate. I said no. He then asked if he could get me a present anyway. Sure! Then they wanted me to write my initials up on the board. I asked for PT, peppermint tea. I wonder what sorts of things I'll get...

After school a 5th grade girl brainstormed her letters. I had forgotten what letters I'd written, so when she said, "Hmm, what could PT be?" I said, "Party Time!" She countered with, "Or pineapple. I could get you a pineapple." That you could. Apparently they're on sale for a dollar at Aldi this week. Or at HyVee for $2. One of my kids had pineapple for a snack this morning and gave me the update. That's almost too good a deal to pass up!

Tonight is Family Write Night. My classroom is full of tables and games to boost people's creativity. I will probably be too busy being hostess, but I do hope to get a little of my NaNo written. Even though I lowered my goal to 20,000, I still haven't been writing much. I wrote about 800 words yesterday. I don't have anything going on tonight after Write Night, so I should be able to get more in... 

No comments:

Post a Comment