Monday, November 14, 2022

Snow

I woke up to the brown fields in my backyard coated in a nice dusting of white. Thankfully, it wasn't too much of a dusting! I didn't have to shovel my driveway. The roads were a little slippery, but I made it to school without too much trouble. There were more vehicles out and about on this route to school than I'm used to, and some of them drove super slowly, so I'll need to plan more time to get to school on snowy days. 

The first snow of the year has the kids very riled up. My kids wanted to go outside for recess even though they didn't bring any snow gear. We stayed in for noon recess and went out for afternoon recess (that way they didn't have to spend as long in their wet clothes). 

Other strategic things from the day... Our student teacher starts tomorrow! She has very limited days and times she can be at our school, so I talked to the 7-8th graders about flipping science/social studies days. That means they don't have study hall two days per week, but they were all okay with that so the student teacher would have the best experience possible. In their words, "so she can get the most out of it." Aren't they sweet? 

My dishwasher got fixed last Friday. The Habitat construction manager came over to take a look. One of the water lines didn't get tightened as much as it should have. I left the water off over the weekend since I wouldn't be around. I'll turn it on again when I get home tonight probably. My NaNo is doing better than it has been. I'm still about 8,000 words behind, but I haven't written my words for today. Hopefully I'll cut down that gigantic number. Correcting and unpacking are both at a standstill so both are on the agenda for my evening plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment