Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Shoe on the Roof

Another rowdy day in 5-6th. I leave the classroom for a little bit before school starts, and when I get back there's a kid crying in the coatroom because everyone was yelling at him for being crazy/slapping another kid in the face. Turns out he was retaliating because a classmate said the f word to him. That kid said he only swore because the other kid was writing on his desk and wouldn't stop. Ugh. I think I need to start taking one of my troublemakers with me when I leave the room. 

A different student thew another kid's shoe on my classroom roof at afternoon recess. That was an accident though. Kind of. They were playing Green Boogers (basically slow tag on playground equipment with eyes closed). He somehow got a classmate's shoe and was (with eyes closed) going to throw it in the woods. I told him to give it back to the owner. So, eyes still closed, he turned around and threw a great arching pass across the playground. It seemed like slow motion as it hovered and glided to a gentle stop a few feet fr the edge of my roof.

So, they problem solved. I recommended a ladder. Too much work. Those creative boys grabbed a snow shovel and the nearby loose drain spout/gutter. They shoved them together to make a long arm to pull the shoe off the roof. With classmates' help directing their movements, they got it down in just a few minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment