Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Not a Snow Day

😩😩😩

We had school today. 

There was only about an inch on the ground when I woke up, no wind or anything. Not enough to call school off. Sigh. I kept checking my phone, hoping for news. Some of my kids shared they did the same. One girl's mom didn't wake her up until 7am because they both thought school would be at least two hours late. Nope. Another girl stayed in bed until 7:20, hoping. 

The snow got pretty thick and the wind did come up a bit. Our preschool teacher from Mankato said they were horrible on her way home at noon, so Mr. E suggested I tell my student teacher not to come. She was supposed to run a science lab today- extracting DNA from strawberries. We'll bump that back to Thursday. I was also supposed to go over wedding songs with our piano teacher, but she didn't come in for lessons today, so that will be bumped to tomorrow. 

We all hoped school would let out early. Nope. No such luck. The public school wouldn't even take Mr. E's call. But, by the time the buses arrived at our normal school-let-out time, the snow had stopped and the wind died down. It's very clear out right now. 

I'm not sure how the roads are, but I'm guessing things will get cleared up pretty quick. So, I am going to wrap things up here and head home to shovel my driveway... 

No comments:

Post a Comment