Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Backpack

I happened to pass one of my students hanging up his backpack in the coatroom this morning and he made the comment, "I hope angry squid is ready for war!" 

He was referring to the hook he hangs his backpack on; the two hook parts remind him of tentacles and the two screws look like eyes. The ready for war part was about the weight of his backpack. 

"It's really heavy!" he said. I asked why. "I keep tools in there, just in case. A hammer... a wrench... a flashlight..." I think his NaNo is getting to him! His story is all about a boy who helps save the world from natural disasters. I knew he had a flashlight in there, but he's added tools to the list!

Speaking of NaNo, only one student has yet to finish his. I'm 1,500 short on mine, but I should have time to finish tonight in between my errands and the Advent service. Boy will that feel good to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment