Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Whirlwind

My life is definitely a whirlwind these days. 

I moved in on Monday (no school, end of quarter), unpacked a bunch of things. I slept at my own house in my own bed for the first time ever! I had things set up enough to make my normal morning cup of tea. I skipped breakfast at my house though since I couldn't think of any easy breakfast food close by. Don't worry, I ate some snacks from my desk stash and I have a plan for tomorrow's meal. I also found teacher clothes to wear too, but my closet needs some drastic help tonight. 

My weekend was so busy, I only wrote a few words of NaNo. Hopefully I can make time tonight in between picking up my car (it's finally fixed!), voting (Election Day!), correcting spelling (so I don't fall too far behind in my school work), and more unpacking. 

On top of all that... wedding planning. Yes, for those of you who don't know, G proposed on Sunday at our Arboretum date. It was windy and chilly, but still sunny, and he found a good spot to do it.

I wasn't going to tell anyone at school; I wanted to wait to see if anyone noticed. No one did by the time school started. There's a tree poster in the hallway where people can write what they're thankful for on a post-it note and stick it to the tree. I wrote that I'm thankful for "my fiancé" and left it unsigned, wondering if anyone would catch that. By lunchtime no one had and it seemed like the right time, so I texted all the teachers in a group chat and asked them if they could guess which thankful note was mine... 😁 A few minutes later a wave of teachers and students swarmed my classroom, teachers getting in line for hugs. Kids wanting to see the ring. It was very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment