Friday, May 10, 2024

K&3

"Are you rich?" 

Believe it or not, two kindergarteners separately asked me that today. It was all because I wore a necklace (a Christmas present given to me by a student years ago, one he picked out himself) and a shiny bracelet watch bought on clearance from Maurices. That's all it took!

My normal watch is out of commission for the time being; the watchband broke. My alternatives are fancier (and their batteries had been robbed to keep my regular watch afloat), so I save them for special occasions. I had been carrying the watch face in my pocket, but I got sick of that and finally replaced their batteries so I could wear a watch on my wrist. The metallic shine makes it look expensive I guess. 

I must say, kindergarten is not my favorite. Lots of silliness and wiggly bodies today. The teacher I subbed for only teaches kindergarten in the morning; she moves to 3rd grade in the afternoon.

As of today, I've taught every grade level at Mt. Olive except 2nd grade. The 3rd graders have heard about me from brothers and sisters and friends, so they were pumped I was the sub. "You get Mrs. H today? She's awesome!" I overheard a 5th grader say in the hall. One 5th grader saying hi to me at lunch told me her 3rd grade sister has had a countdown going for 11 days. I hope I lived up to expectations. 😆

My afternoon in 3rd grade consisted of religion (David and Goliath), memory work practice/quiz, and art. I brought a few read-aloud options with me just in case we had time, so during art I read them a few stories from Smiffy Blue: Ace Crime Detective. Pretty sure my character voices lived up to the hype. 

Mrs. M had some teacher appreciation gifts for me from students. Earlier in the year the principal had had me fill out a favorites survey. Today I got: a box of goldfish crackers, cookie m&ms (must not have had any pretzel-filled ones), dried apples, Pringles, and a couple of very sweet notes (one from the mom and one from the student).

No comments:

Post a Comment