Sunday, May 12, 2024

Surprise Strawberries

We found wild strawberries growing north of our lilacs! Some even have flowers and little berries started. I dug some up and transplanted them so the goats don't eat them all. 


While I was at it, I planted some old bare root asparagus that G had brought back from the garden center. The ground back there must hold a lot of moisture because there is moss growing in a nice mat among the grass and dandelions. The shovelfuls stuck together, so I just set them back, settled in my asparagus (see below) and then laid them back down.


As I was digging, a lot of dandelions came up and I threw them off to the side in a pile. As I worked it suddenly occurred to me that some people specifically save dandelion root for herbal remedies. How could I let them go to waste?! 


I bundled them up and now they are in our fridge waiting for me to figure out what to do with them. 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment