Thursday, August 22, 2024

The Chase!

I did something stupid today. 😅 

Misty hung out on the back deck looking through the screen at me. We had some pork scraps in the fridge for her, so I took one out for her. Thinking it'd be good to get to work for it a bit, I tossed it off the deck into the grass. I thought she'd run after it right away, but she sat there staring at me. 

Here's the stupid part. I thought, maybe she'll come find it if I go with her to the area. So I kicked off my slippers onto the deck and stepped into the grass. 

Misty immediately snatched a slipper in her mouth and raced around her enclosure, tossing it up and catching it again as she went. 🤦‍♀️ I should've known. 

I tried unsuccessfully to get her to come back and/or drop it.

So, I threw the other slipper back inside, found the pork scrap, and did a trade. She accepted immediately. 

And now my slipper is drying out from the slobber. 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment