Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Drippy, Droopy Day

Everything was a bit droopy today.  The weather, the kids, me...


Last night, I had two parents call me about science fair projects.  I will be so glad when they are all handed in and everything is over and done with.  Our Lenten supper is tomorrow night, so parents are hit double this week. 


I had to break up a bunch of 5th grade arguments; the girls both wanted it their way and neither wanted to budge. 


Then at the end of the day, one girl decided she was going to ride the bus because no one was there to pick her up right away.  At the beginning of the year, her mom and I decided that her mom would call if this student ever has to ride the bus, otherwise we'd plan to have someone pick her up.  One time her mom forgot to call and this student hasn't forgotten since.  Today I had to physically get on the bus and ask her to get off since I hadn't heard from her mom.  Once the buses left, she argued with me about why she should've ridden the bus.  About a minute later (while she was still mid-rant), her brother pulled up to bring her home.  Ha! I was right.  (I didn't rub it in, even though I kind of wanted to.) 


Well, that's all for now.  We have a PTL meeting tonight after our prep for the Lenten supper tomorrow.  I said I'd be over at church around 5:00, which means I need to get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment