Monday, March 3, 2014

The Trials and Tribulations of The Oregon Trail Disk

I feel like a tornado went through my brain.


All the kids were bouncing off the wall today.  Ms. J said it's supposed to snow tomorrow, another three inches.  I'm praying that's why they're so crazy.


We (as in, my 5th graders and I) looked for the Oregon Trail disk AGAIN.  I still can't find it anywhere and it's driving me NUTS!  I made a list of possible places to look for it and am slowly crossing them out.  One of the girls cleaned out our game cupboard and reorganized it, but didn't find it.  There was some drama there when the other 5th grade girl tried to take over the organization and they couldn't agree on who was right.  Sigh. 


After school, Mr. D dropped by to ask a question about floor hockey and I asked him if he knew where I put it (grasping at straws).  He didn't know where my copy was.  I mentioned that one of the 5th grade girls had asked if we could just use Mr. D's copy and I had told her it was lost.  That sparked Mr. D's memory.  He dug through his CDs and found a new Oregon Trail disk he had purchased to replace the one that walked off many years before.  Yay!  At least we have one copy of the disk.  Now I'm trying to decide whether I should keep looking for my copy or if I should let it turn up on its own...



No comments:

Post a Comment