Monday, March 17, 2014

Starting off slow, but picking up speed...

We were supposed to get some freezing rain last night, but it didn't happen (or if it did, we didn't get much).  I think we're supposed to get some more tonight too; I'm hoping I heard wrong.


It took about three trips, but my car is now free of all Fine Arts Fair materials.  The science boards are leaned against a filing cabinet in a corner.  We're probably going to display them at the end of April for our school musical.  My 5th graders kept pulling theirs out and fiddling with them.  I sure hope this won't be a common occurrence, or I'll have to find a new place for them. 


I was on a roll when I came to school this morning.  I passed back everything I corrected, put books away, sent off some emails, printed a bunch of things... and then my students arrived, tired out from the weekend.


One of the boys went to a Timberwolves game last night that didn't get over until 10:30, and then they drove home.  He was tired.  The other boy didn't realize he had to have all his math corrections finished before he could play floor hockey.  Oops.  His team has been doing really well in the hockey tournament and they NEED him to play (that's what he said).  I told him to take it up with Mr. E.  He stayed in from recess.  He brought the rest of his corrections home to do tonight so he can play tomorrow.  Speaking of floor hockey, D-Day is Thursday.  The day the 7th and 8th graders play against the faculty.


In other news, one of the 8th grade girls asked about my brother.  (Ethan came with me to the Fine Arts Fair.)  Out of the blue before we started class, she asked, "Miss H., was that your brother?"  A little surprised that she'd care, I said yes.  Then she asked where he lived.  And then she wanted to know how far away it was.  And how old he was.  She thought about it a while and then said, "So your brother drove an hour and a half just to see you?"  Well, kind of... I drove to see them and he wanted to come with me.  Then another 8th grade girl accused the first of having a crush on my brother (which the first girl denied).  I think she was just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment