Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What? Again?

Surprise, surprise... another two hour delay this morning.  But looking ahead at the weather next week we will get weather above freezing!  Yay!


Wednesday is chapel day, so adjusting to the delay was a bit more complicated than normal.  It was nice enough to walk over to church and by the time chapel was over, it was time for lunch.  I still had to endure the complaints of hungry students for much longer than I should have.  One of them kept asking if she could ask the cook for a sandwich even though I had just told her lunch would be in 15 minutes.  Then when we got back to the classroom, she pulled out her lunch box to get a snack.  Was I speaking to the air or what?


In science today, we went over the results of our popcorn experiment.  HyVee brand and Pop Secret tied with 9 points in each category.  Orville was the next in line with 12 points.  And Jolly Time was last with a whopping 17.  We went over how to make graphs on the computer for their science boards.  This was somewhat confusing to about half the class.  They were all able to make the graph I assigned them!  So something's sinking in. 


The 5th graders are feeling the pinch on their science projects.  They have a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it.  I think we may need to push back the due date of the graphs/reflections of results.  Boy will I be glad when all this is over!


I had a meeting with two parents who are going to do a native prairie grass planting at our school this spring.  They wanted to double-check the location and size of the garden and make sure we're all on the same page.  I'm really excited to start!  The kids can help plant, we can research different plants, they'll get to be outside... The plans include a pathway through the garden, so once our plants are a little bigger, we'll be able to walk through to look for insects and identify plants!  I can't wait for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment